Shepherd of the Hills is partnering with Hill School in Middleburg to support the Police Precinct of District 7D in Anacostia, a neighborhood in DC. We are working with the Supervisor of Community Outreach to meet the needs of the police and to reach into the community.
We will be answering the prayers of this department by providing protective equipment and donations to keep these first responders safe. The need is great!
Also, at this time, some police men and women are away from their families, renting apartments, for fear of bringing the corona virus home.
You can make a positive difference by helping to care for and protect those who protect us by saying “Thank you” in this special way. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate money to provide gloves, disinfectants, hand wipes, and hand sanitizer as we are able to find for the police.
- Provide money for gift cards for groceries and fast food restaurants as well as contribute to providing meals at the station for officers and personnel when they are on duty.
- Send donations to the church ( Shepherd of the Hills 4090 Sudley Rd, Haymarket, VA 20169). Please note “For Police of District 7D” on the check.
- Give through our website
- Make masks to be given to police men and women to wear while they are on duty, especially on the streets, and for our police men and women to hand out to the community for their protection.
- To make masks: Email our church administrator at email@example.com. She will provide the information you need to get started, including instructions if this is new to you.
- Say “Thank you” with a special card or note to our police men and women. This is an especially great opportunity for our children.
- To send cards: Mail cards to the church at 4090 Sudley Rd, Haymarket, VA 20169.